Why does a beautiful smile matter?
Truth be told, it’s in your best interest to walk around with a beautiful smile on your face. We often take the simple act of smiling for granted, but smiling often can make you more successful in life. It’s true! Successful, happy people smile a lot, and people who smile a lot reap the benefits of smiling, including:
• Smiling makes you and everyone around you happier. Smiles are contagious – try giving them out more often and chances are, your smiles will be reciprocated. A smile instantly brightens the mood of you and others.
• Smiling makes you look more attractive and feel more confident. In a study completed by Orbit Complete, 66% of men and 73% of women said they believe that a smile makes you more attractive than if you were wearing makeup. Smiling is the easiest way to look and feel beautiful. But it’s more than that: When you flash your gorgeous grin, you are giving off a good impression of yourself. You also seem more trustworthy because your facial expression is open, and that exudes an approachable, friendly aura that people will naturally be drawn to.
• Smiling benefits your career. A beautiful smile also can help you get places in work and life. People who tend to smile more receive better service, in comparison with people who have grumpy dispositions. Smilers are also given a boost up the corporate ladder, as many bosses equate a person’s sunny personality with their ability to lead people and manage problems.
• Smiling reduces stress. If you feel overwhelmed and overstressed, smiling is an easy way to decrease stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenalin, which leads to lower blood pressure. At the same time, smiling also helps increase endorphins, making you happier and more prepared to face the challenges of everyday life.
• Smiling extends your life span. Want to know the secret to a longer life? Smiling. Wayne State University conducted a study on professional baseball players. They studied the players’ headshots from the 1952 season and found that those players who were smiling lived an average of 79.9 years. On the other hand, the players who weren’t smiling lived an average of 72.9 years, seven years less than their smiling teammates.
We at James Otten Dentistry believe that our lives are enriched with a healthy, beautiful smile in Lawrence. Don’t fret, however, if you were born with just average chompers. With the assistance of Dr. James Otten, you’ll be on your way to a beautiful smile in Lawrence. Dr. Otten can do wonders to transform your smile: In no time, your crooked, discolored teeth will be a thing of the past, and you will have the smile you have dreamed of! For a beautiful smile in Lawrence, call us at 866.986.5753 or visit www.jamesottendds.com.